The EU has accepted the proposal EVA (European Virtual Academy) submitted for the Erasmus Programme under the Lifelong Learning Programme Call for Proposals Call EAC/41/09 (2009/C 247/09) and selected the project for the EU co-financing.
EVA is a collaboration project among the following learning institutions:
- Babeş-Bolyai University, Cluj, Romania
- University of Milano-Bicocca, Italy
- University of Applied Sciences Tampere, Finland
- University of Applied Sciences Mittweida, Germany
- Sapientia Hungarian University of Transilvania, Cluj-Napoka, Romania
The Virtual Academy is a learning environment that will stimulate the skills of the current generation of students. Young people are increasingly rooted in the visual culture, based on video games, learning through the Internet, online tutorials, multimedia, etc. The new vision of teaching will be implemented in all the participating countries to start. The project is designed to provide a platform later to be transferred to all interested European higher education institutions.