4th Nokia Ubimedia MindTrek Awards Competition. 6th – 8th October 2010, Tampere, Finland
The Ubimedia competition seeks to broaden our understanding of where and how ubiquitous media will influence our future life. The competeition is looking for disruptive artistic visions as well as clever near-to-market solutions off the beaten tracks! This includes any range of innovative ubimedia, pervasive, or ambient products and services. The Ubimedia Award is a highly interdisciplinary competition and we invite Designers, Computer Scientists, Artists, Economists and Engineers to take a stand on the following questions with their entries:
- What is the particular aesthetic experience opened up by the rise of ubiquitous and ambient media?
- What constitutes the specific intelligence that drives future media environments?
- How will location- and context-aware media services change our social life?
- How will our future lives look like in the era of ubiquitous computation, and how can society benefit from these advanced technologies?
Valid competition entries include:
- Pervasive and ubiquitous games
- Ambient installations
- Artistic works related to ubiquitous media and computation
- Business models and management strategies
- Ambient and ubiquitous media technology
- Ubiquitous and ambient media services, devices, and environments
- Context aware, sensing, and interfaces for ubiquitous computation
- Ergonomics, human-computer interaction designs, and product prototypes
- Software, hardware and middleware framework demonstrations
- Ambient television
Prof. Wierzbicki is member of the Jury panel for the competition.